Three Jurors will choose 75 banners for display around the Owen Sound Harbour.
The contest has three categories: Adults, Children (13 and under), and Group of Special Artists (persons who have developmental differences).
Banner size is 22” x 34” and your image on the banner will be up to 18” x 23”. Only vertical aspect ratio artwork will qualify.
The deadline is March 15th, 2022.
If you are a teacher, please put the school’s address instead of any personal address.
- If you need to photograph your artwork, you should use a digital camera with at least a 5 Meg sensor. Best to photograph in natural light with no shadows. Remember, the image must be vertical.
- Lay the painting on the floor and take the photo from above.
- Try to hold your camera so that all the edges of your artwork are parallel to the edges of the view finder. If not, your work will be distorted.
- Best lighting is strong, indirect light.
- Natural light is best for capturing true colours, but direct sunlight may give a blue cast.
- Take special care to avoid glare if your painting is varnished.
- Create indirect light by using a couple of sheets of white foam core to bounce light onto your work.
- Experiment to create the best possible photo of your work.
- sponsoring your own banner, or someone else’s, costs $100.
- Sponsor can pick up their banner at the launch the following year.
- You do not need to have your image sponsored in order to apply.
- Unsponsored banners will become the property of the Art Banner Society.
- All images accepted for exhibition may be used for promotional purposes by the Art Banner Society.